SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
24 years of marketing experience with proven success in both the fast-paced semiconductor and entertainment sectors, including pre-IPO startups. Multilingual, fluent in English and German languages, as well as some Spanish. Social media influencer with 27K combined followers. Colleagues describe me as having a strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit, a good communicator, very detail oriented, organized, collaborative, and passionate.
Artist Management | Booking Agent | Promoter
Barb Rocks Presents
April 2006 – Present
- Launched my own self-run business and established “Barb Rocks” moniker and reputation.
- Handle full spectrum artist management duties for 15 artists, including press outreach and booking services.
- Achieve artist goals, rising quickly to the forefront of the local music scene, including major market radio airplay.
- Procure roster bands in established festivals, including BottleRock Napa and San Francisco Pride.
- Land licensing/publishing deals and strategic show bookings with well-known touring acts.
- Program highly-organized and well-attended rock shows at reputable venues.
- Focus on quality and reputation for my business, the artists, and all other parties involved in business dealings.
- Ability to attract and connect with music industry professionals and maintain those networks.
- Curated Ugly Whale music showcase which featured Bay Area bands during SXSW music conference in Austin.
- Raised almost $4,000 via Kickstarter campaign for Ugly Whale music showcase.
- Awarded “Best South Bay Scene Queen” by Silicon Valley Metro Newspaper.
- Named #1 revenue generating promoter by local venue Homestead Bowl & The X Bar in Cupertino.
- Helped out Santa Cruz Music Festival in festival production and stage management during their inaugural years.
- Partnered with West Valley College staff and faculty to organize West Fest, featuring over 20 bands of all genres.
- Volunteer leader and speaker for Balanced Breakfast, an international music industry community and network.
Vice President of Artists & Repertoire
Nemesis Media, Inc.
Campbell, CA / Austin, TX
July 2015 – September 2017
- Consulted on the artistic development of the company’s existing label roster.
- Added 3 bands to their management roster by joining the company.
- Acted as talent scout, adding 2 up-and-coming artists to the label and management roster within 3 months.
- Led the development of the company’s booking roster; signed 3 bands to that booking roster.
- Tripled business income within six months due to newly expanded roster of 10 artists.
- Planned and executed market plans, tour bookings, press releases, and licensing/publishing deals.
- Inspired team building with SWOT analysis and business improvements.
- Booked 25 unofficial showcases for our roster artists at SXSW 2016.
Senior Marketing Specialist
Silego Technology, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
February 2010 – July 2016
- Managed customer samples process for programmable product line and all evaluation board programming.
- Supervised business and quality assurance of third-party programming vendor and procured evalboard builds.
- Implemented and maintained document control and subversion (SVN) library.
- Oversaw the day-to-day activities of Marketing-dedicated electronic board assembler and re-work technician.
- Created and customized inventory supply health and commit reports.
- Calculated and reviewed rep commissions.
- Organized CES and Electronica trade show planning, booth setup, furniture, and supplies.
- Supported sales & marketing departments in all functions, including presentations, collateral, and reports.
Music Programming | Booking Coordinator | Blog Editor | Social Media
Left Coast Live Music Festival
San Jose, CA
January 2008 – October 2011
- Brainstormed, created, and hosted this annual multi-genre festival which showcased regional and national acts.
- Secured a third of the participating venues and stage-managed multiple venues during the festival.
- Headed the music selection group, handling all booking coordination with the artists and bookers.
- Coordinated social media outreach and assisted with the overall guerrilla marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Posted and edited website content and wrote artist biographies.
- Recommended local sensations The Limousines as festival headliner.
- Conceived Silicon Valley Roller Girls demo track idea with bands playing while they skate.
Sales Operations Analyst | Marketing Specialist
October 2006 – October 2008
- Developed and maintained all customer service and inside sales functions, including order entry and RMAs.
- Innovated the sales process in conjunction with planning and accounting departments.
- Fulfilled and forecasted all sample requests and tracked opportunities.
- Administered and maintained document control system and CRM software.
- Supervised customer service team in the Ukraine.
- Acted as liaison for reps and distributors.
- Established online store of various products.
Merk Investments, LLC
Palo Alto, CA
April 2004 – October 2006
- Responsible for all business management, including all accounting functions and quarterly client billing.
- Processed inbound trade confirmations and cross-checked against trade blotter.
- Conducted market research required for launching company’s first mutual fund.
- Tracked fund performance, updated fund website and helped create fund prospectus.
- Devised collateral materials for advertising and trade show needs.
- Prepared all payments, bills and receipts using MYOB accounting system.
- Identified and met regulatory and tax deadlines and issued appropriate reminders on a timely basis.
Rutherford Bolen Group
September 2000 – August 2002
- Collaborated on multimedia projects and one-to-one marketing campaigns.
- Delivered high-quality products on-time and on-budget.
- Worked closely with clients, account managers, designers, developers, and programmers.
- Translated project vision into tactical deliverables and managed day-to-day tasks.
- Formulated production schedules and timelines and allocated resources accordingly.
- Informed clients on project status, prepared client agendas, drafted meeting notes, and facilitated client meetings.
- Ran project team meetings to ensure client objectives were communicated to production team.
- Generated proposals and creative briefs.
- Arranged internal and external resources and vendors.
- Provided QA of customer deliverables over all types of mediums and platforms.
- Learned MarketFirst Essentials software, focused on reports, program, and document control.
Integrated Circuit Systems, Inc. | MicroClock Inc.
San Jose, CA
August 1995 – September 2000
- Built supply chain management system of samples and prototypes for five different product lines.
- Improved, reorganized, and upgraded sales database system to work more conveniently and efficiently.
- Increased Intel revenue by 400% with quick same-day/next-day sample turn-around.
- Initiated inventory maintenance system in MFG/PRO software with programming team.
- Contributed on marcom projects, including PR promotions, product catalogs, datasheets, and announcements.
- Trained and served as ISO9001 Internal Quality Systems Auditor.
- Shipped product literature to reps, distributors, and customers.
- Executed travel, calendar, and meeting arrangements.
Quasar Engineering, Inc.
December 1994 – August 1995
- Evaluated, formatted and organized all company presentation materials.
- Collected and updated engineering staff qualifications and resumes for new business proposals.
- Reviewed presentations, charts, and graphs for engineering projects.
- Performed receptionist duties, answered phone calls, and provided administrative support to all departments.
- Assisted the President, Operations Manager, Marketing Manager, and Accounting in various capacities needed.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications, University of Colorado, Boulder, December 1993
Concentration in: Conflict Management, Intercultural Communication, and Public Speaking.